CARD-UF Gainesville Provides the following services, free of charge, in the 14 Florida counties we serve:
- Technical Assistance (to schools and school districts)
- Consultation (to parents and care providers)
- Resource Referral
- Public Education
Counties Served by CARD-UF Gainesville
Philosophy and Policies
CARD is founded on the strong belief that:
- All individuals, regardless of their abilities or disabilities, have the right to live as full participants in society.
- All people have the right to be treated with dignity and understanding.
- People with disabilities are members of families. All families have strengths and capacities and have the right to be treated with sensitivity and respect, and as integral members of a person’s system of support.
- People with autism and related disabilities have the right to be regarded as individuals who need services and supports that are based on their unique characteristics.
- As a policy, CARD will not lend its name to the endorsement of any specific program, practice, or model that is offered for service to people with autism and related disabilities. This policy does not preclude the provision of referral options or individualized recommendations by CARD staff, nor does it imply that CARD staff are to refrain from sharing any knowledge or personal experiences. The sharing of information, training, and the development of recommendations are key functions of the CARD programs.